Growing up, my best friend’s mom was our troop leader and I have vivid memories of going over to her house to pick up our cookie order, only to be met with towering stacks of boxes and boxes of cookies. At the time,
I thought she was the luckiest girl, all those boxes stacked everywhere and unlimited cookies at your fingertips, right? Now, I know that all those boxes would a.) drive me nuts (I like a clean space, please and thank you) and b.) be too tempting to pass on, especially the Samoa cookies. Yep, I am firmly in the Samoa cookie lovers camp and I am never coming out! The next logical step in my cookie fandom just seemed to be making a vegan samoa cookie milkshake, right?
Hands down, Samoa cookies were always my favorite Girl Scout cookie growing up. Even though Thin Mints are a classic and I always found a box hidden away in the freezer, Samoas were the first to go in our house. As the years passed and I started to grow out of the Girl Scout thing, the cookies started changing too. When low-fat cookies started entering the market and lemon cookies were deemed a new favorite (it doesn’t have chocolate, so why?!), I knew it was my time to move on. Lucky for me, even though I moved on, my favorite coconut/chocolate/caramel Girl Scout cookie lives on in milkshake form!
I didn’t think this through before I started throwing it together into the blender (affiliate link), but toasting the coconut would make everything here extra awesome and coconut milk would just take this milkshake up one more notch. I ended up using almond milk with a couple tablespoons of cashews (affiliate link) added in for creamy factor, but feel free to sub in whatever you have on hand! Also, just keep a container of this vegan caramel sauce around always, you won’t regret it. These would also be perfection topped with a creamy vegan meringue if you want to get fancy. Also! If you are a caramel/cookie combo lover like me, these caramel stuffed beauties are the ultimate in indulgent cookies that won’t make you feel blah afterward.
Tools Used In This Post (affiliate links):
An easy and sweet vegan samoa cookie milkshake, this is the perfect treat that comes together in no time! Full of vegan caramel, coconut, and SO much chocolate.
- For the caramel sauce:
- 10-12 dates
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the milkshake:
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (toasted would be even better)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons cashews (affiliate link)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- To make the caramel sauce: Blend all the ingredients together until smooth, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the milkshake: Blend together the ice cubes, coconut, milk, cashews (affiliate link), vanilla extract, caramel sauce, cocoa powder and chocolate until smooth. Serve in glasses topped with more coconut and chopped chocolate.