Vegan matcha shortbread cookies, with a perfect vanilla bean glaze! These are a perfectly sweet dessert or for dipping into a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the vanilla bean glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and fold in with a spatula until well incorporated and no flour streaks remain.
- Scoop the cookie dough out onto the prepared baking sheets by the tablespoon, spacing about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are just set and beginning to brown on the edges. Don’t overbake them, or they will become crumbly! As soon as the cookies are out of the oven, press down on each slightly with a fork to make them more disc shaped.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, vanilla bean, and almond milk until smooth. When cookies have cooled, drizzle the glaze over each and serve.