Vegan pound cake with flavors of matcha and a vegan lemon icing drizzled on top.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1/2 package silken tofu (3.5 oz, it varies, but mine was about 7 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- For the lemon icing:
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1–2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together the coconut oil and cane sugar on medium until fairly smooth. Add the tofu and vanilla extract and continue to mix until tofu is incorporated. Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and matcha green tea powder, mix until incorporated. Add in the almond milk and mix until batter looks smooth. Transfer batter to the greased loaf pan and bake for 45 mins to an hour. Check after 45 mins, if a knife comes out of the middle clean, it’s done!If not, keep going!
- To make the icing: Once the cake has cooled, whisk together the icing ingredients, starting with just 1 cup of powdered sugar. If the icing is too runny, add more until it reaches a fairly thick consistency.