- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2-3/4 banana (about 1/3 cup mashed, finely mashed)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped and toasted)
- For the icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease 9 inch round cake pan or 8 inch square baking dish, set aside.
- Roll out refrigerated pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 inches by 8 inches. If dough is too cold to roll out, let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the dough is rolled out, spread the mashed banana evenly over the rolled out dough, leaving an inch or so edge along the dough. Sprinkle with almonds, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg.
- Roll the dough towards you into a log, starting at the long side. Cut the rolled up dough into 8 even slices, each 2 inches thick. Place slices into greased baking dish or pan. The rolls do not need to be touching, so go ahead and spread them out to give them room to rise.
- Let rise in a warm spot for at least 2 hours. At this point, the rolls can be placed into the refrigerator to be baked the next day or a few days later.
- After the rise, bake the rolls at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- For the icing: Whisk together powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour over the cinnamon rolls and serve.
- Serving Size: 1