Some of the links in the post are affiliate links. This means I 100% love the product and want to share it with you. If you click through to buy, I earn a very small portion of the sale!
It’s time. Time to break out the sheet pans, powdery flour, and bags upon bags of chocolate chips. It’s Christmas cookie time and we are going at it in full force! This time I was baking with a cause, not just to bribe my co-workers into visiting my cubicle.
The ingredient list for these cookies is on the long side, but completely worth it in the end. The trick to these is to not overbake them, which would dry out the middle of cookie and make for a crumbly cookie. Instead, we are going for a moist and tender middle of the cookie to give it a brownie feel.
I had the pleasure of baking sheets upon sheets of these fudgy chocolate cookies this past weekend for the MKE Foodies Bake Sale, partnering with Cookies for Cancer. It was such a wonderful organization and event for the community and the organizations involved. I really should have taken pictures at the event venue, but by the time I returned to purchase the other goodies, almost all of them were sold out! Everyone volunteering and helping at the event was wonderful and helpful. I can’t wait to bake for the event again next year!
2. Combine cocoa powder, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl, set aside.
3. In mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine on medium speed the applesauce, peanut butter, chia eggs, Ener_G eggs, banana, agave nectar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Gradually add in dry ingredient mixture, until thoroughly combined.
4. Add in chocolate chips, mixing on low and until combined throughout.
5. Scoop by heaping tablespoons onto greased (or Silpat lined) sheet pan. Press down the dough ball until slightly flattened.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until set and slightly firm to the touch. Do not over bake, underbake if anything.
7. Remove from oven, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar and let cool.
Hi, I'm Abby and I love all things sweet, with a vegan twist! If you have a craving for rich chocolate cake or love a flaky croissant as much as I do, you're in the right place!