I’ve been watching a whole lot of The Office re-runs recently; after work, on the weekend, while testing recipes, really anytime I can squeeze in a 20 minute episode here and there. Michael Scott is probably my favorite part, not only because he makes super awkward jokes and doesn’t really care what anyone thinks of him (even if lots of things he does is inappropriate), but also because he lives life, YOLO style like no other. I’m going to be super sad when I get all the way through the 9 seasons (I’m embarrassingly further than I should be for watching it for a few weeks), but will probably move onto Parks and Rec when this show is all over. Long story short, you should do a Michael and YOLO this cookie while it’s still pre-swimsuit season. The chocolate and sugar cookie parts of this pie totally have a Jim and Pam vibe happening here. So in love.
I’ll be heading down to Blog Her Food in Miami this week to enjoy the sunshine and company of a few fellow blogger friends. I can’t wait to get away for a few days and soak up the Florida sun. See you next week!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- For the topping:
- 1 cup dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Various toppings: toasted coconut (sprinkles, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a round cake pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine water and soaked cashews. Process until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking soda, and vinegar. Stir until combined. Pour batter into the greased cake pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until center is set. Allow to cool.
- While cookie is cooling, combine dark chocolate and water into a small microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 30 second increments, until chocolate is melted completely. Spread chocolate over cooled cookie and top with selected toppings.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.