The easiest vegan muffin recipe is full of chocolate and orange flavors! Orange vegan muffins that will be a HIT at your next breakfast or brunch. SO easy!
For the flax egg:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
For the muffins:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- stevia equivalent of 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- stevia equivalent of 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Zevia Orange Soda
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray the liners with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, combine the ground flax seed and water. Set aside for later use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another medium to large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, almond milk, sugar, brown sugar, orange soda, orange juice, zest and flaxseed mixture. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and combine with a spatula just until batter starts to come together.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in until incorporated and no flour streaks remain.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling the cups about half to 3/4 way full. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until muffins are baked through and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Dont forget to be gentle on your batter! No overmixing and don’t beat it, be gentle.
- If you want to leave out the chocolate chips or sub in another citrus fruit, you totally can!
Keywords: orange muffins, muffins, vegan muffins, vegan breakfast