This post is sponsored by One Degree Organics. Thank you for supporting the brands who make this space possible!
It’s my birthday week and I’ll eat ALL the chocolate and peanut butter that I want to! Ok, I actually haven’t had THAT many sweets yet this week (mostly a lot of fries), but don’t worry my birthday cake recipe is coming later this week and ohhhh is it GOOD. In the meantime, I am ALL about these no-bake vegan cereal bars right now because they come together in 15 minutes, don’t need ot turn on the oven (hello old house with no AC), and are SO EASY! Like, throw everything together and pop it in the freezer so it’s ready for a cookout later, kind of easy.
I am someone who LOVES baking, whether it’s in the dead cold of winter or the hot days of summer. But, sometimes you just NEED a no-bake recipe that is going to be delicious, easy, and come together in a snap. Well, meet your new favorite summer dessert, these cereal bars are IT when it comes to a no-bake treat that can still please a crowd. The classic peanut butter and chocolate combo can never be beat AND it’s kind of something you can throw togehter and then forget about until you need to take it somewhere. Sometimes it’s just TOO dang hot to turn on the oven (even for me) and these are the perfect solution!
Also, can we talk about this cereal from One Degree Organics?! It’s legit my FAVORITE and I eat it for breakfast, as a snack, and sometimes as a dessert too (pro tip: it’s delicious on top of ice cream!). It’s chocolaty without being too overly sweet and still filling without being a super heavy fiber bomb. Basically, it’s like the best kid cereal combined with all the grown-up, nutritious things that you need in your life. Even if they didn’t send it to me, I would be buying this cereal ALL the time, I just love it so much.
- DO NOT, I repeat DON’T forget the parchment paper in your pan! The first time I made these I didn’t line the pan with parchment paper and it was bad news. The bars were stuck in the pan and I broke a knife trying to get them out. They freeze realy solid, which is good when you are taking them to a party or something, but it means you need to have an easy way to remove them from the pan.
- Note on freezing: If you are taking these to a party or cookout, you are going to want to stick them in the fridge or freezer while all the burger grilling goes on. They won’t keep at a warm temp for a long time but will be fine if you pull them out and have them on the table while everyone grazes over dessert.
Vegan cereal bars that are LOADED with chocolate, peanut butter, and crispy cocoa cereal! These are a perfect grab and go snack or no-bake summertime recipe.
- 4 cups One Degree Organics Sprouted Cacao O’s cereal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil, peanut butter, and chocolate chips together. Stir the mixture frequently, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Add the cereal and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours, or until bars are set.
- Allow the bars to thaw for a few minutes at room temperature before cutting and serving.
- DON’T skip the parchment paper and greasing the pan. Your bars WILL stick and they will be a mess to get out of the pan.
- You can sub in your favorite cereal here, but the extra chocolate was a great combo.
Keywords: dessert, vegan dessert, vegan cereal bars, cereal bars