- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I used a combo of granulated and agave)
- 1 cup applesauce (I used 1 cup mashed banana and it worked perfectly as well!)
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/3–1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl, mix until combined.
- 3. Add applesauce, flax eggs, vanilla, zucchini, non dairy milk and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined, ensuring all dry ingredients are mixed in.
- 4. Grease 2 loaf pans (can also use only 1 as well, this would just result in a more dense loaf) and divide batter evenly between pans. Could also be scooped into a greased muffin tin as well. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Bread is done when knife or toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.