Hello there friends! This might be just a bit belated, especially since Christmas is oh, a week away? (<–when did that happen? Seriously, in my head it’s still July). Lucky for me, I have all of my shopping done and just need to do a bit of wrapping before making sure everything is ready to go. If you have a few more people to shop for, here is a quick look at my tried and true favorites from this year. All of these are things I own, love and really wish I had purchased sooner. So, if you buy them for someone else or just gift them to yourself, I won’t judge! Enjoy! (The order goes across the top, from left to right. Let me know if you aren’t sure what matches up with each description)
– Silpat Non- Stick Baking Mat – I think this one is used by every baker and cookie lover I know, but I had to include it. I’ve had 2 of mine for years (like maybe 5 years? I don’t even know!) and they are still going strong. Do beware that if you cook a lot of oily things on the mats they will start to form a film, but otherwise I’ve always had really good luck with these. I have a friend who uses one for savory and one for sweet, so that’s an idea if you want to keep your cookies away from your roasted vegetables.
– Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – You are probably going to click on that link, look at the price and say GIRL YOU CRAZY. But hear me out! I’ve been gradually changing my skincare over to more natural brands and Tata Harper has been a big one that I’ve heard a lot of good things about everything in her lines. I got this mask a few months ago and am loving it. I notice a difference in my skin each time I use it and can tell when I’ve forgotten to use it for a few weeks. If you want to have a treat yoself moment, go for it!
– Long Whistle Necklace– The fact that I’m wearing this necklace right this very moment, as I type this, can tell you that it’s truly a favorite. I’ve only had it for a few weeks (hello Black Friday sales!), but I’ve pretty much been wearing it nonstop with everything. I’m a gold jewelry girl all the way and love a simple necklace, so this totally fit the bill. Also, it’s an actual functioning whistle, so my mom thinks of it as a safety plus, but I think of it as a fun thing to annoy my husband with. The shop it’s from is a local Milwaukee clothing boutique and the owner Lizzie is the sweetest, so I feel super good about passing this one along to you!
– Sunbeam Hand Mixer– I have a really old model of this mixer, but I can tell you it’s a solid hand mixer that I use almost daily and will probably keep using until it dies on me. I actually found an old version at an antique store and it’s been taking me through 3+ years of baking and whipping mashed potatoes, so it’s a solid kitchen essential in my book.
– White Marble Pastry Board– Why, you ask, would you give someone a giant piece of marble for Christmas? Because it’s a pretty dang awesome piece of marble. For me, I use it as a background for photos ALL the time, but I’ve also used it to roll out pastry and keep things at a cooler temperature, avoiding the whole ‘arghhhh my dough is getting warm and melting’ situation. It’s a heavy slab, but it’s worth the investment.
– Vitamix 5200– Who doesn’t have this on their Christmas list this year?! I know that it seems ABSURD to spend this much on a blender, but it’s the best blender I’ve ever owned, hands down. I killed my last blender last year, trying to make big batches of peanut butter and impossibly trying to blend cashew cream sauces like nobody’s business, so it was time for me to upgrade. I bought a refurbished model this time last year and haven’t looked back since. I quite literally use this blender everyday, from smoothies to cream sauces to making soup that you can blend long enough to heat in the blender itself, this thing is the one tool I would hands down recommend to any cook. I’ve never had any issues with mine and when I have had questions the people at Vitami are super responsive over Twitter. Hint: watch out for a pretty sweet giveaway happening soon that or may not involve this very blender!
– Street Level Reversible Faux Leather Tote– I beat up totes and bags faster than I’ve ever known anyone to wear out a purse. From shoving ALL the things in it (lunch, computer, etc.) and traveling with it all year, this bag has been my savior ever since my favorite purse fell apart earlier this year. I’ve been on the hunt for a good, simple tote and this one happened to come across my radar in the fall and I’ve carried it everywhere from work to airplanes to bars. I love that I can stuff a bunch of things in here and still feel like the straps are going to hold, plus the bottom comes out for easy crumb/dust removal. Another plus is that you can just wipe off any gross airport or floor stains you get on the outside, easy as pie.
– Epicurean Large Turner– Much like I beat up purses, I tend to beat up kitchen utensils too. I go with the strategy of few but good things and this has earned its place as one of them! My mom and dad turned me onto this Made in the USA brand and I’ve collected a few of their products ever since. From cutting boards to this spatula, I can see myself filling my drawers with lots of these.
– Paderno Stainless Steel Scoop– My girl Ashlae steered my towards these scoops when I asked what her favorite cookie dough scoop was and I have to say, her recommendation is solid. I’ve had scoops break and fall apart, leaving me dissapointed and mad I can’t make perfectly shaped cookies anymore, so this filled that void for me!
– Sam Edleman Penny Riding Boot– I actually got REALLY lucky with these and found a pair at a thrift store near my office that happened to be in my size. These boots are super comfy, easily dressed up/down and can be found on my feet 95% of the time during the winter. I have the light brown color but I think the black look gorgeous as well!
– Everlane Cotton Sweater Crew – Actually anything from Everlane. Period. I have their silk short sleeved dress (wearing it right now actually!) and love it too. I don’t do well in wool sweaters (I get itchy, hot and generally hate life when I wear them) so this long-sleeved cotton sweater has been a go-to during lounge days at home or throwing on with a sparkly necklace. I think the weekend I received this sweater I wore it 3 times, don’t judge me!
– Indulgence Chocolatiers Cocoa Nib Bar– Last but certainly not least, chocolate! This company is local to Milwaukee and does amazing things with chocolate bars, truffles and other treats. I have a lot of love for the makers because they are willing to talk you through what can pair well with wine, certain recipe, or all by itself. I gifted a few of these bars last year and they were a hit, so order double because you are going to want to keep these!
Some of these links are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase I get a small portion of the sale. Mostly though, I just want you to know about the things that I love and hope you love them too!