- For the cake:
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/2 lb . firm tofu (1/2 of a block)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup citrus juice (orange, lemon, lime, whatever you have on hand)
- 3 tablespoons citrus zest (whatever you have on hand)
- For the powdered sugar glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the tofu, sugar, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, juice and zest. Blend briefly until mixture is smooth and combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppyseeds and salt. Mix until combined.
- Spread the batter into the greased loaf pan. The batter should be fairly thick and you may have to spread it with a spatula to get it to spread evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Top with the powdered sugar glaze.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice until sugar is dissolved, adding more orange juice to thin out if necessary.