Sweet and protein-packed coconut cashew truffles, made with almond meal, chocolate and just a little bit of salty!
- In a high powdered blender or food processor fitted with a blade attachment, blend together the coconut, vanilla, olive oil, raw cashews, and maple syrup. Blend until combined and most large chunks are processed. Add the almond meal and pulse until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and scoop out the truffle mixture with a cookie scoop or tablespoon and form into balls. Place on the cookie sheet.
- After all of the filling has been scooped out. Freeze the pre-formed balls until firm, at least 4-6 hours.
- Once the truffles have been frozen, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until almost melted, about 1-2 minutes. If you aren’t using a microwave, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- After the chocolate has melted, dip each truffle into the chocolate and coat evenly on all sides, using a fork. Place each chocolate covered truffle on a cookie sheet.
- After all truffles have been dipped and placed on the cookie sheet, freeze for 4 hours or overnight until chocolate has set and frozen.
- Store truffles in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.