- 1 eggs worth of Ener-G or 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 cup oat flour (I ground my own in the food processor from rolled oats)
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Whisk egg substitute, maple syrup, applesauce, and almond milk in small bowl. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flours, salt,baking soda, baking powder, and cornmeal, slowly add wet ingredients, whisking while adding.
- Preheat griddle pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, lightly spray with non stick cooking spray or grease with non dairy spread. Pour batter by 1/4 cup portions into skillet.
- Cook until bottoms are brown and bubbles form on top, 3 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.