Chock full of cranberries and juicy pears, this vegan french toast casserole is a delicious holiday brunch dish!
- 3–4 large slices sourdough bread (cubed)
- 1 pear (chopped)
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chickpea flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the cubed bread in the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chopped pear and cranberries over the bread and pour the almond milk mixture over the top.
- Bake french toast for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden and crunchy. Serve with additional syrup and coconut whipped cream.