The perfect way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers, this vegan sweet potato oatmeal is topped with cranberry sauce and perfect for prepping ahead!
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- To prepare the steel cut oats: Combine the steel cut oats, water, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat, keeping the oats to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, depending on how chewy you want the oats.
- After oats have cooked, stir in the cinnamon and ginger. Add in the cooked sweet potato and combine until smooth and sweet potato is stirred in.
- Top with cranberry sauce and maple syrup. Serve immediately.