Leftover mashed potatoes make this soup easy and creamy!
- 4-5 cups leftover mashed potatoes (If you don’t have leftovers, whip up a quick batch using 3-4 boiled, cubed potatoes, cooked until fork tender and whipped with a bit of non dairy milk)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk, unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or potato starch
- 3 tablespoons sage (chopped finely)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring all ingredients, except for 2 tablespoons of the sage, to a boil while whisking constantly. Keep whisking ingredients together until smooth and creamy, for about 7-10 minutes, adding more or less liquid as needed, according to taste. After soup has come together and is heated throughout, fry the remaining 2 tablespoons of sage in a few tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat, until crispy and browning on the edges, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve soup in bowls, sprinkled with crispy sage.