Ready in under 30 minutes, these vegan gingerbread cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. The ultimate vegan cookie recipe!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 +1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup unsulfered molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the whole wheat flour. Once mixture is thoroughly mixed, add in the whole wheat flour and mix until dough is stiff and comes together.
- Knead dough for an additional 2 minutes to create a smoother texture.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes (I used a biscuit cutter to cut into circular shapes).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Keywords: vegan gingerbread cookies, how to make gingerbread