Banana bread granola. All the flavors of an easy vegan banana bread, in granola form! Studded with dark chocolate and loaded with coconut, almonds, and lots of banana flavor.
- 1–2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons grated nutmeg (the fresh stuff is the best!)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the bananas, olive oil, extracts, maple syrup and brown sugar. The number of bananas you use is going to depend on how much of a banana flavor you want. Use a hand mixer on medium to blend together thoroughly and to ensure that all the banana chunks get smoothed out. You want a smooth mixture with no chunks! Set bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flaxseed. Pour the banana mixture over the oat mixture and stir together until totally combined. Spread the mixture out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Start checking the mixture about 45 minutes, just to make sure it doesn’t burn at the edges.
- Cool and store in a covered container for up to a week.