- To prepare the cashew cream:
- Combine cashews, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade. Process until smooth. This could take a few minutes, but keep processing until smooth. Pour the cashew cream into a saucepan and set aside.
- To prepare the truffles:
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Heat the cashew cream that was placed into a saucepan over low heat, add dark chocolate and continuously stir until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour ganache into the prepared square baking dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours, then freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- After ganache has been frozen, remove from pan and let thaw at room temperature for a few minutes until softened. Cut ganache into square pieces. Transfer pieces to a cookie sheet or cooling rack placed over a baking sheet. Pour melted semisweet chocolate over all pieces, coating each piece in chocolate. Allow to harden at room temperature, then transfer to refrigerator or freezer to store.