Vegan macaroons are given a twist, with a coconut filling and lots of dark chocolate! (Vegan, no bake)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Line 6 wells of a muffin tin with cupcake liners, spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt together the coconut butter for about 30 seconds to a minute, stir in the almond extract and 1/2 cup coconut and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the dark chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Stir constantly until just melted, then remove from heat and stir in the 1/3 cup shredded coconut.
- In the cupcake liners, spoon in about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture, drop in 1 tablespoon of the coconut filling and top with another scoop of melted chocolate. Repeat until all have been filled. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.