These dark chocolate peanut butter doughnuts are baked, not fried, and feature a rich chocolate frosting and peanut butter drizzle.
For the doughnuts:
- 1/2 cup oat flour (oats ground fine with a food processor)
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon peanut meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Extra peanut butter for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in medium bowl and stir until just combined. Spoon the batter into the pan, filling the wells about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool fully before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In a small heatproof bowl, combine dark chocolate and peanut butter and microwave for 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted (be sure to watch the mixture, so the chocolate does not over cook). Spoon frosting over cooled doughnuts and drizzle extra peanut butter on top.
Keywords: vegan doughnuts, peanut butter doughnuts