- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon or baking spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons date paste
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate (melted)
- For the peanut butter glaze:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan, muffin tin, or square baking pan, set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda. After whisked, stir in date paste, mashed banana, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Swirl in melted dark chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-50 minutes, depending on the type of pan used.
- Top with peanut butter glaze. To prepare glaze: Whisk together peanut butter, agave, and milk. Add water or milk if glaze needs to be thinned out.
- Cool for 20 minutes before cutting. Store in covered pan or container for up to 3 days.