The most delicious vegan deep dish peanut butter cookie in existence! Chewy, crunchy, and the perfect combo of crispy edges and a soft, perfect middle. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’re in HEAVEN.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a cast iron skillet, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, almond milk, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined and no flour streaks remain.
- Transfer the dough to the skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cookie is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use can use natural or traditional peanut butter with this recipe! Natural peanut butter is going to be a bit less sweet, so up the sugar just a bit if you want to add sweetness.
- Can you bake this in something other than a cast iron skillet? I wouldn’t recommend it! This works best in a skillet because it distributes the heat evenly and just gives it a little something extra.
- Store this for up to a week, but I know you will eat it long before that!
- Don’t overbake this cookie! It will make it dry, crumbly, and just not as good. Underbake if you aren’t sure.
Keywords: vegan cookie, deep dish cookie, peanut butter cookie, skillet cookie