Easy cheesy vegan potatoes, the best way to get crisp perfect potatoes, without all the oil and cheese!
- 2 medium Russet potatoes (scrubbed)
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1/4–1/3 cup nutritional yeast (more if desired)
- 1/4 cup water
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until potatoes are soft to the touch. Alternatively, you can bake the potatoes in the oven ahead of time for 30-40 minutes. When potatoes are baked, dice into small pieces about 1/3-1/2 inch thick. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, spraying with non-stick oil, if desired. While pan is heating, add the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt to the potatoes. When pan is properly heated, place potatoes in the pan and spread out into one even layer. Make sure the potatoes are crowded, these won’t get crisp!
- Allow potatoes to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to become crispy. Turn the potatoes over with a spatula and allow them to cook for another couple of minutes. Right before taking the potatoes off the heat, sprinkle the nutritional yeast oven them, along with the water. As the potatoes sizzle in the water, stir the potatoes quickly so a sauce forms. If the pan is dry, add a bit more water, as needed. The goal is to form a cheesy saucy layer, without making the potatoes watery.
- Remove potatoes from heat and serve.