One bowl, easy pumpkin cake that is vegan and takes just 30 minutes to come together!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and flaxseed meal. Whisk until smooth.
- To the same bowl, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and spelt flour. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading the batter evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the middle of the cake springs back lightly with touched or a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before cutting and serving, topping with cinnamon or whipped coconut cream.
- Whole wheat flour can be used in place of spelt flour
- If you prefer canola oil over olive oil, that will work just fine in this recipe too!