This soy-free vegan chocolate cream pie is made with coconut milk, a shortbread crust, and lots of chocolate. An easy vegan dessert recipe!
For the shortbread crust:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a pie pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Press evenly into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until crust starts to turn golden brown at the edges. Don’t overbake or it will get crumbly! Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave. Microwave on high in 1-minute increments, until chocolate chips start to melt.
- In the same bowl with the chocolate chips, whisk in the vanilla, coconut milk, and cornstarch, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until filling has set. Top with powdered sugar and chocolate shavings.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 7
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 2
Keywords: vegan chocolate cream pie