These simple vegan peanut butter and chocolate cookies come together in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bar Mayan dark chocolate or high-quality organic specialty chocolate (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a cookie sheet with the coconut oil using a paper towel.
- To make a flaxseed egg, mix the ground flaxseeds and the filtered water. Let stand for 2
- minutes and then whisk until the mixture has an egg-like texture. Add more filtered water as
- needed to get the consistency of an egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and sugar, flaxseed “egg,” and vanilla with clean
- hands until well combined.
- Roll 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture into smooth balls and place about 1″ apart on the
- prepared baking sheet.
- Press flat using a fork, making a lined pattern on the cookies.
- Press one square of dark chocolate in the center of each cookie. Strategically place large sea
- salt crystals on top of the cookies.
- Bake, until golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool until they are slightly warm.
- Carefully transfer to a serving plate using a spatula.