Vegan chocolate chip cookies with a ginger kick and sweetened with pure maple syrup! Easy and quick to make for all your vegan baking needs.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, powder, spices, salt and cornstarch. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and extract. Add the olive oil mixture to the dry mixture and stir until no streaks remain (you can also use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle to combine the dough). Fold in the ginger and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on top. Make sure you don’t overbake them!