Tart grapefruit and a buttery vegan shortbread crust are the perfect combination for an easy winter dessert! (Vegan)
- For the crust:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- For the grapefruit filling:
- 1 ripe banana
- Zest and juice of1/2 large grapefruit
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, coconut oil, and powdered sugar until the dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. You don’t want to over bake the crust, or it will become too hard after you add the filling. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together the banana, grapefruit juice and zest, sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch and flour until fairly smooth and combined.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until filling it set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.