Grapefruit vegan cheesecake that is creamy, rich, and SO easy to put together! Made with cashews, yogurt, and baked to vegan cheesecake perfection.
For the crust:
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup stevia or powdered sugar equivalent
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake:
- 1½ cups raw cashews soaked for at least 8 hours and then drained ((unless using a high powered blender, soaking isn’t necessary))
- 10 ounces vanilla or plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup stevia or sugar equivalent
- ¾ cup Grapefruit Citrus Zevia
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line the bottom of a 10- or 12-inch round springform pan with parchment paper, then grease lightly. Set aside.
- To make the crust: In a small bowl, stir together the flour, coconut oil, and powdered sugar until the dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. You don’t want to over bake the crust, or it will become too hard after you add the filling. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Combine all of the filling ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling into the prepared pan with crust.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the filling does not jiggle with shaken. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Make sure your cashews have been soaked or you are using a high powered blender to make the filling! Otherwise, your filling will come out gritty and not smooth enough.
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, cashew cheesecake