- For the salsa:
- 3–4 jarred (about 3/4 of a jar, roasted red peppers , without juice)
- 1 cup canned (chopped tomatoes)
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion (white would work too)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the tacos:
- 1 zucchini (cubed)
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can easily do without but the veggies won’t get as crisp)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- corn tortillas (for serving)
- To prepare the salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute, or until blended. Adjust seasonings to taste. Store in sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare the tacos:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine, zucchini, potatoes, carrots, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, tumeric and salt. Thoroughly coat all the veggies with the spice mixture. Spread the veggie mixture in a roasting pan or cookie sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, or until veggies are tender and crispy.
- Before serving, heat tortillas over gas burner or hot skillet pan for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Top each taco with roasted red pepper salsa and fresh cilantro.