These homemade vegan sprinkles are incredibly easy to make, but they do require a little patience. These are perfect for cupcakes, cookies, and more!
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover 2-3 cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture evenly into small bowls (the number of bowls needed depends on the number of colors of sprinkles you want).
- Add a small amount of food coloring to each small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Transfer each color mixture to a small zip-top bag (one bag for each color), spooning mixture into the corner of the bag. When ready to pipe, snip off a tiny amount of the corner of the bag and pipe onto the cookie sheets, creating very thin lines.
- Let the sprinkles dry overnight, or until completely set. When they are dry, break the sprinkles into small pieces and store in a sealed jar or bag.
Recipe inspired by The Kichn.
Keywords: vegan sprinkles, homemade sprinkles, how to make sprinkles