Lemon cherry vegan biscotti are the PERFECT treat for dunking into coffee and tea! Crispy, chewy, and just the right amount of sweet. #
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until almost combined. Stop when a few flour streaks reamain.
- Add the dried cherries and mix a few strokes until they are combined into the dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Move them to the baking sheet and form each portion of dough into a log 10 inches long. Space the logs 3 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp and golden, for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F and let logs cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the logs to a cutting board or piece of parchment and cut diagonally into slices 3/4 inch thick.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet spaced 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- You can swap out the dried cherries for whatever dried fruit tickles your fancy.
- The lemon zest can be swapped out for orange or lime zest.
- Biscotti can be stored in a covered container for up to a week. Best served with coffee or tea!
Keywords: biscotti, vegan dessert, vegan breakfast