Tart lemons and sweet raspberries combine to create a perfect vegan almond waffle!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup vegan lemon curd
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with non stick spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, sugar, olive oil, and extracts. Set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the liquid ingredients in with the dry until well combined.Whisk in the lemon curd, raspberries and sliced almonds. Prepare in waffle iron according to directions, cooking for 7-9 minutes, depending on the waffle iron.