Vegan lime bars are dreamy, creamy, and have a PERFECT shortbread crust! Made with a creamy cashew filling and a coconut oil crust that will TOTALLY become your new favorite dessert.
For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or stevia equivalent
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut oil, and powdered sugar. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn a light golden brown and is solid to the touch. Set aside while making the filling.
- To make the filling: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until the mixture becomes smooth. Pour onto the pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the filling only jiggles slightly and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: vegan, lime, shortbread