Maple apple cider caramels with a hint of tahini!
- 2 cups apple cider (I love Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- In a saucepan over high heat, boil the apple cider until reduced down, about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and add the tahini, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Boil until the caramel reaches the hard ball candy stage or 255 degrees F. A good way to test when it is ready is to drop a teaspoon of caramel into a cup of water, if it remains solid, it is ready.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until set. Slice into pieces and wrap in squares of parchment paper.