Maple syrup sweetens up these indulgent vegan pecan and chocolate cinnamon rolls. These are perfect for a holiday brunch or weekend breakfast!
For the dough:
- 1 batch prepared pizza dough (my recipe said it is enough to make 2 pizzas)
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, but feel free to use semi-sweet)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease a pie pan or cake pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling and in a separate small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping. Set both aside.
- Flour your surface liberally and roll out prepared pizza dough to a rectangle that is 14 inches by 6 inches. Spread your already mixed filling evenly over the rolled out dough, stopping just an inch or so short of the edges of the rectangle. Roll up the rectangle lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces. Place each piece on its end in the pie plate until they have all been cut. Pour the topping mixture over the rolls and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until topping is bubbling up around the edges of the pan.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve!
Keywords: chocolate cinnamon rolls, vegan cinnamon rolls