- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup fruit (either fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup walnuts or nut of choice (chopped)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking spice or mixture of cinnamon (allspice, and cardamom)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, fruit, nuts, coconut and oats. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla, making sure to coat all ingredients.
- Spread mixture thinly on a a parchment paper or lightly greased lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until fruit is primarily dried out and oats/quinoa are crunchy.
- Remove from oven and left cool before storing or serving. Keeps in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
- Makes about 3 cups granola