Brownie meets cookie meets a tiny bit of spice!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons flax egg
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (like really tiny!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, combine and chocolate chips and coconut oil and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until chocolate is melted, stir until completely melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients plus the melted chocolate mixture and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium, until dough comes together. The dough will be more of a batter/thick dough. Using a small cookie dough scoop, drop 2 teaspoon of dough per cookie onto the lined cookie sheets, about 8 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes and remove from oven. Do NOT let them overbake, they will become runny. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from the cookie sheet.