- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup banana (no lumps, mashed thoroughly)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (alternatively, can use a hand mixer), combine almond meal, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
- Add date paste, maple syrup, banana, water, and almond milk. Mix until all dry ingredients and combined with wet ingredients, avoid over mixing.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking halfway through baking time.
- Allow cakes to cool before removing from pan.
- For the chocolate glaze:
- Combine chocolate chips and almond milk in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds, until melted.
- When cakes are cooled, pour chocolate glaze over cakes. Garnish with chopped almonds and shredded coconut.