Here we are, it’s September and I’m still trying to give you popsicle recipes, like it’s still summer or something! I know the warm season passed by way too fast, but really, I just needed to have breakfast in popsicle form one last time before the sun starts setting at 4pm again (eek!). I first discovered overnight oats from Angela over at Oh She Glows. Basically, overnight oats are the ultimate in easy and fast make ahead breakfasts. Stir a bunch of stuff together in a jar, stick in the fridge, and breakfast is done for the next morning! Turning these overnight oats into popsicles just seemed natural! I used strawberries and blueberries, but really any fruit you have will work. I worked off of a basic overnight oat recipe, but there are a ton of variations out there. I had to use a bit more milk than usual, because I wanted to mixture to be able to fit into the popsicle molds with ease, rather than getting all gloppy.
Short and sweet today, I’m thinking more fall recipes will start falling into the rotation, but I’m just not to baking with pumpkin season yet!
- 1 1/2 cups non dairy milk
- 1 cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries (chopped into small pieces)
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. Add water or milk as needed to make the mixture spoonable into the popsicle molds. Distribute mixture evenly throughout the popsicle molds (may only make 4-6 popsicles). Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until set and firm.