Vegan puffed millet bars with a healthy does of creamy peanut butter and a sweet dark chocolate topping!
- For the millet layer:
- 3 cups puffed millet
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For the peanut butter/chocolate layer:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (for topping)
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the puffed millet, agave, peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine and transfer to the lined pan. Press firmly into pan and freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm to the touch.
- After bars have firmed up, top with the peanut butter, spreading evenly on top of the millet mixture. This works best with natural, drippy peanut butter, but if you need to make it runnier, stir in a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together, in a saucepan over medium heat. Once chocolate has melted, pour it over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly. Top with the cacao nibs and freeze one last time for 30 more minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from pan and slice into squares. Serve immediately.