- 2 cups peanuts (roasted)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3–1/2 cup cherry jam (or jam of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with Silpat mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, grind the roasted peanuts for 3-5 minutes on high, scraping down the bowl as needed. The texture is going to end up as a thick, chunky peanut butter, but a bit drier.
- Once the peanuts are processed, keep the ground up nuts in the food processor and add the flour, ground flax seed, baking powder, and brown sugar. Process on low for 10-20 seconds or until combined. Add in the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract and process until dough forms, about 20 more seconds. If the dough seems dry, add almond milk by the tablespoon until it comes together.
- Remove dough from the bowl of the food processor and place in a medium bowl. Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch around, placing on the cookie sheets set aside earlier as they are rolled. When all the dough has been rolled, create a small indentation in the middle of each cookie. Make the sure the indentation is about halfway through the cookie, but not all the way. Repeat until all cookies are done.
- Using the cherry jam, fill each indentation in the cookies with the jam, using about 1/2 teaspoon per cookies, adjusting to preference.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. When removed from oven cookies with appear or feel under baked, but will crisp up as they cool.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Yields 2 dozen cookies.