Juicy pears and crunchy pecans come together to create a filling and easy baked oatmeal. Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/3 cups almond milk
- 1 pear (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground flax seed, baking powder, and coconut sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, agave nectar, orange juice, and almond milk. Stir the almond milk mixture into the rolled oats mixture and fold in half of the pear slices and pecans. Transfer to the greased pan and top with the remaining pears and pecans and sprinkle with the 3 tablespoons coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges are bubbly and top is golden.