- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup date paste (or 1 cup canola oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir all the way through. Fold in pecan pieces and make sure batter is completely combined.
- Divide batter between the 2 loaf pans, distributing evenly. Garnish top of loaves with pecans halves and pepitas.
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pans.