A fall ready breakfast, sweet vanilla bean roasted stone fruit oatmeal is a perfect and easy way to get breakfast on the table!
- 2 lbs. stone fruit, sliced and pitted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place sliced stone fruit onto a prepared rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with the sugar and vanilla extract/bean and mix together on the pan.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until fruit is tender.
- While fruit is roasting, prepare the oats. Bring the water to a boil over high heat in a medium-size saucepan. Add oats and reduce to a simmer, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with roasted stone fruit and maple syrup.