- 2 cups strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat, do not use light coconut milk, it just won’t work!)
- 1/2 can coconut cream (if you can’t find coconut cream, feel free to use more full fat coconut milk)
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Toss the strawberries in a bowl with the 1/4 cup sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut cream, juice and zest of lemons, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
- If using an ice cream maker, make sure the bowl is pre chilled and make ice cream according to manufacturer’s directions. I let mine churn for about 20-30 minutes, but this may vary.
- When ice cream is done, pour into a dish and freeze for an additional 2-4 hours, or until firm. To serve as a banana split, serve over a banana halved with nuts, chocolate sauce and additional toppings.