- 1/2–3/4 cup each of 3 kinds of nuts (I used walnuts, cashews, and smoked almonds)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese (if you get down with dairy)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread mixed nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to the bowl of a food processor, along with nutritional yeast and all other spices.
- Process on low until mixture starts to come together, then increase to high and process until mixture comes together into a butter. This whole blending process may take up to 7-8 minutes. If you need a little extra oomph to get the butter to blend together, add a teaspoon of olive oil as well.
- Store in a covered jar for up to 10 days.