A simple and hearty vegan minestrone soup loaded with potatoes, carrots, and more veggies! It’s super quick and easy, and it takes just 30 minutes to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 medium gold potato (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz . can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup orecchiette pasta
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and saute the carrots, potato, and onion until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and pasta.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and allow to simmer on medium for 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through. Season with extra salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Keywords: vegan minestrone soup, easy minestrone soup