Perfectly soft vegan ginger cookies that are perfect for frosting, or by themselves! So easy to make and great for the holiday season.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets or cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, ground flax seed, and water. Mix together until no flour streaks remain.
- Scoop out dough by the tablespoon, placing onto the prepared baking sheets. Space the cookies apart evenly, placing a max of 12 cookies onto each baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges look crispy and tops feel firm when touched. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- These cookies can be stored and kept in a sealed container for up to a week.
Keywords: vegan cookies, cookies, vegan dessert, ginger, holiday